Giving is a part of our worship. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Among many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. Giving is essential to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It develops our character, conforming us to Christ’s image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
We use Tithe.ly for processing our online donations. Click below and you will be directed to the Tithe.ly giving page where you can make a donation. You will be given the option of making either a one-time gift or a recurring gift.
GIVE FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE
We offer a mobile version of our online giving page to make it easy for you to give any time, anywhere directly from your smartphone. To start, download the Tithe.ly app from Google Play or App Store. Then search for Immanuel Fellowship. Once you’ve found us, simply click “Give” to start. When you’ve finished, you will be given the option of creating an account. This will enable you to give in the future by logging into your account with a four-digit passcode which will take you directly to Immanuel’s page. Once your account is set up, you can make a gift in just a few seconds.
You can give a recurring gift by downloading and completing THIS FORM or by completing it online and printing it, and then submitting it to the church office (Attention: Treasurer) or placing it in the offering on Sunday morning. This is our suggested method of giving, as it is the most consistent for budgeting purposes. It also helps you to remain faithful in giving - even when you’re away from the church.
GIVE DURING SUNDAY WORSHIP GATHERING
An offering is received each Sunday morning where cash or cheques are accepted. All cheque donations are receipted. Cash donations should be placed in an offering envelope with your name and address, if a receipt is required.
GIVE BY ON-SITE DEBIT MACHINE
Use your debit card or credit card to make a donation using the on-site debit machine available on Sunday mornings at the Connect desk or in the office during the week. Your donation will be processed with a giving envelope and will be receipted after the end of the year.
GIVE BY MAIL
Make your cheque payable to “Immanuel Fellowship Baptist Church” and mail it to:
Immanuel Fellowship Baptist Church
2950 Blue Street
Abbotsford BC V2T 5P5
DONATING SECURITIES & ESTATE PLANNING
- Donating Securities – You can receive a special tax benefit when you make a gift of publicly listed securities such as shares, bonds or mutual funds. When transferring securities to a registered charity such as Immanuel Fellowship Baptist Church the capital gains are exempt from tax.
- Estate Planning – You can name Immanuel Fellowship Baptist Church as a beneficiary in your will or insurance policy. Leaving a gift to the church can help to reduce the tax your estate will pay, while also leaving a legacy of faith that will continue to support God’s work.